TAP Interoperability & MPI Technical Hackathon
- 5-9 Dec 2022
- 5-13 Dec 2022 for Nigeria delegation
Jembi Cape Town, South Africa
- Team leads
- Software developers
- Business owners
- Requirement engineers
Jembi proposed a TAP DISI hackathon for countries interested in leveraging interoperability and master patient index (MPI) expertise and TAP-available products.
- Key interoperability and MPI challenges will guide technical assistance to these countries.
- The hackathon will help each country accelerate its activities and create a roadmap for implementation assistance that TAP can support with available resources.
This initial engagement will focus on interoperability and MPI technology capacity building and the opportunities they enable. Targeted country-specific technical problem solving will enable the development and agreement of an initial technical strategic roadmap for potential high-impact implementation in-country.
In the weeks before the hackathon, the following goals will be considered for inclusion. Some may be addressed pre- or post-hackathon to save time and focus.
- Provide technical advice to help country HIS leaders and technical staff create high-quality strategic technical roadmaps for implementing key interoperability and MPI solutions.
- Explore governance and strategic issues that facilitate and hinder interoperability and MPI implementation, and seek practical solutions.
- Provide technical problem-solving for interoperability and MPI challenges and opportunities.
- Expose country teams to TAP products and build their customizing, enhancing, deploying, and maintaining skills.
- CDC, TAP, and countries share technical expertise and country experiences.
- Create a platform for country teams and TAP partners to share experiences and resources.
Available from OpenHIE and from The OpenHIE Academy
- OpenHIE Patient Identity Management Course - 320 – Identity Management (Free and Open Access)
- Patient Identity Management Community in OpenHIE
Patient Identity Management Collaborative Session: DUC & OpenHIE November 29 9 - 10:30 am EST 2 - 3:30 pm UTC 4 - 5:30 pm SAST
The Data Use Community (DUC) and OpenHIE are jointly creating opportunities for sharing and engaging on patient identity management issues across various implementation projects. We gather on Zoom for monthly meetings where teams share work in progress, solutions and discuss challenges faced in-country. This PIM session will feature Jembi sharing their patient identity management experiences & the master patient index (MPI) solutions that they are exploring.
Some of this content was sourced from OpenHIE and the OpenHIE Wiki
On This Page
- TAP Interoperability & MPI Technical Hackathon
- Target Audience
- Monthly Meetings
Something wrong with this page? Let us know.