The primary goal of Overall Health Information Systems Support (OHISS) is to enable policy, governance, capacity, and standards for health information systems (HIS), health information exchange (HIE), and human resources to support the advancement of digital health through effective implementation.
To accomplish this, OHISS provides tools and interventions that help countries to:
- Ensure all country team leadership, partners, and processes are informatics-savvy (e.g., carrying out ISO assessments, HIS strategic planning, managing informatics contracts, and contractors, etc.)
- Ensure consistent HIE policy and standards are in place to facilitate secure electronic data exchange
- Ensure the digital health workforce is in place and appropriately capacitated
- Determine the cost of HIS and other investments for program planning and improvement
- Monitor and evaluate informatics interventions
PreviousWhat is OHISS?
On This Page