- Provide a single, central portal for virtual exploration of global health information systems (HIS) and a variety of optimized HIS related products developed by the Global Informatics Collaborative (GIC) to support the enhancement of HIS in countries to advance the management of and improve the outcomes of those living with HIV, COVID-19, and other health conditions.
- Enable implementers to instantiate and test HIS in a virtual environment.
- Enable implementers to collaboratively develop and test features and functionalities of and compare HIS alternatives to make informed decisions on solution selection to enhance their existing implementations.
- Provide a comprehensive knowledge base of technical information that accompanies HIS in a central location.
- Enable a collaborative environment for HIS stakeholders to exchange technical information and products.
- Promote and enable reuse of centrally developed products globally by instantiating demos of reference implementations and providing an associated technical package that includes foundational functionality and documentation, including training materials, associated policy templates, security audit tools, synthetic data sets, and more.
- Provide demos of optimized health information exchange (HIE) patterns using the GIC developed products that enable HIS implementers to learn about and implement HIE using common, optimized patterns and component solutions.
- Host and deliver training courses, to enable a deeper understanding of key HIS components across global HIS stakeholders via comprehensive remote learning.